2019 Volkswagen Atlas Performance Specs
Drivers who choose the 2019 VW Atlas will certainly not be disappointed with what they find under the hood. This three-row midsize SUV is offered with two compelling engines, and each offers a remarkable balance of power and efficiency. Find out how the Volkswagen Atlas performance specs look on paper today, and then see how it handles the roads near Tampa!
The VW Atlas Engines
With the new Atlas, you’ll have your pick of two different engine options. The first, a turbocharged 2.0-liter Inline 4-Cylinder setup, comes standard in the baseline S trim. A 3.5-liter V6 engine is optional here, and standard across the rest of the lineup. Compare their specs before moving on:
- 2.0-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder
- Horsepower – 235 hp
- Torque – 258 lb-ft
- EPA-estimated fuel economy – 22 mpg city, 26 mpg highway
- 3.5-Liter V6 Engine
- Horsepower – 276 hp
- Torque – 266 lb-ft
- EPA-estimated fuel economy – 17 mpg city, 24 mpg highway
2019 Volkswagen Atlas Performance Features
Although two great engines provide the foundation for the VW Atlas performance, these aren’t the only features that allow the Atlas to offer a spectacular ride! Here are just a few of the technologies that allow it to stand head and shoulders above competitors:
- 5,000-Pound Towing – In addition to offering a large 3-row interior with a spacious cargo bay, the VW Atlas has no trouble towing heavy cargo. When properly equipped, you’ll be able to handle up to 5,000 pounds on the roads near Wesley Chapel and St. Petersburg.
- 4MOTION® with Active Control – Like other VW SUVs, every Atlas trim is available with 4MOTION® AWD. In addition to delivering a constant stream of power to both axles, the system automatically directs more power where it’s needed. Traveling through rainy, snowy, or rough terrain? Take advantage of Active Control, and your AWD will respond accordingly.
- Engine Start-Stop System – What allows the Atlas to get such impressive city fuel economy? In every model, the engine shuts off automatically while you’re waiting at stop lights or otherwise stalled in traffic. This way, you end up saving fuel on every drive.
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Sport Mode and Tiptronic® – A standard 8-speed automatic transmission allows for easy shifting in Brandon. Want to take control? Shift to the Tiptronic® manual mode, or activate Sport mode for more responsive handling.
Find a New Volkswagen Atlas for Sale at Reeves Volkswagen!
Don’t waste time with lesser options. Visit Reeves Volkswagen today to test out the Volkswagen Atlas performance specs on the roads near you! If you’re ready to get started, you can start exploring our new Atlas inventory or apply for financing today! Interested in a Volkswagen Atlas lease? Don’t wait to check out our rotating lease deals.
More Volkswagen Atlas Model Features
Drivers who choose the 2019 VW Atlas will certainly not be disappointed with what they find under the hood. This three-row midsize SUV is offered with two compelling engines, and each offers a remarkable balance of power and efficiency. Find out how the Volkswagen Atlas performance specs look on paper today, and then see how…
Wesley Chapel drivers looking for a reliable, safe, and aerodynamic Volkswagen SUV need look no further than the Volkswagen Atlas. Packed with features like Volkswagen Car-Net, the Atlas performs just as well on the road as it does off. Take the trip to Reeves Volkswagen to learn more! New Inventory Contact Us Volkswagen Atlas Cargo Space &…