2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Towing Capacity and Performance Capability
Take control of your driving experience as you move from the Clearwater roads to some rougher terrain. With a Tiguan towing capacity of 1,500 pounds, you can easily tow light recreational vehicles like a trailer with a non-motorized boat or a small popup camper. Between an 8-speed automatic transmission with Sport mode and Tiptronic® mode, the Tiguan instantly adjusts to changing terrain and road conditions. Key specs for the 4-cylinder turbo engine include:
- Max towing capacity — 1,500 lbs.
- City/highway MPG — 22/29
- Horsepower — 184 hp
- Torque — 221 lb-ft.
2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Driver-Assist Features
We’re proud to offer a vehicle that Clearwater drivers can trust to keep their family safe. If you’re looking for a vehicle with the most advanced and effective safety tech in place, the 2020 Tiguan safety ratings should provide some peace of mind:
- J.D. Power. Predicted Reliability Rating — 4/5 stars
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Safety Rating — 5/5 stars in side crash tests and 4/5 in rollover tests
The Tiguan offers a comprehensive suite of driver-assist technologies that sense road conditions and potential hazards and make automatic adjustments:
- 4MOTION® all-wheel drive — Reacting to road conditions as they change, available 4MOTION distributes power between the front and rear wheels as needed to help optimize traction and stability.
- On-Road Mode – For further optimizations, the Tiguan manual transmission Tiptronic® mode can match the current conditions. If the surface is paved and conditions are good, stay in On-Road Mode and choose from four different settings combining performance and comfort.
- Off-Road Mode – For help maintaining traction on challenging road surfaces, choose off-road mode.
- Hill Descent Control — If you need control while descending a steep hill, Off-Road Mode can activate Hill Descent Control to control your speed.
- Off-Road Custom – Also within Off-Road Mode custom settings, Wesley Chapel drivers can set various parameters like steering and all-wheel-drive options to custom preferences.
- Snow Mode – Snow Mode allows the engine to upshift earlier to keep it in a lower RPM range, and prevent power from going to the wheels too quickly.
Get Behind the Wheel of a 2020 Tiguan at Reeves Volkswagen!
Visit us in Tampa if you have any fighter questions on the 2020 Tiguan towing capacity or safety technology. Our team is happy to provide details, including how the Tiguan stacks up against competitors like the RAV4. Browse our new Tiguan inventory and check out our Tiguan lease deals, and get in touch to set up a test drive today!