2018 Volkswagen Atlas vs. 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
EPA-Estimated 22 mpg city/26 mpg highway
EPA-Estimated 22 mpg city/27 mpg highway
The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan both offer exactly what drivers want from a contemporary crossover:
- Lots of room for passengers and cargo
- Powerful performance that is still efficient
- Ample list of standard and available features
- Advanced technology features
Now learn what makes these models different, and decide which is right for you by exploring the Atlas and Tiguan inventory at Reeves VW in Tampa.
How much seating and space you need says a lot about which Volkswagen model is better suited to your needs:
- The Atlas is larger and comes standard with seating for seven, offers up 20.6 cubic feet of dedicated cargo space, and has 96.8 cubic feet of carrying capacity with all rear seats folded down.
- The slightly smaller Tiguan has standard seating for five, but is available with a third row that adds two more seats. Two-row models have 37.6 cubic feet of dedicated cargo space and 73.5 cubic feet overall.
You will feel confident behind the wheel of either of these models on the streets and highways of Clearwater or on more challenging terrain:
- The 2018 Atlas runs on a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that produces 235 hp and 238 lb-ft of torque while still getting and EPA-estimated 22 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. A V6 engine is also available that boosts the ratings to 276 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Front-wheel drive is standard on both versions, but all-wheel drive is available.
- Every Tiguan runs on a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that is rated at 184 hp and 221 lb-ft of torque while getting an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city and 27 mpg highway. The engine is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission for smoother performance.
These models share many of the same impressive and exciting standard exterior and interior features:
- Touchscreen displays offers extensive infotainment options
- Bluetooth connectivity helps avoid distractions
- A rearview camera makes it easy to drive in reverse
- Smartphone app integration gives you added info and entertainment
- Roof rails accommodate big and bulky items
Your Next SUV is at Reeves VW
These are just two of several family-friendly Volkswagen vehicles that may appeal to drivers in Brandon and beyond. Explore your options in-depth by comparing the Atlas to the Pilot, consider leasing vs. financing, and feel free to complete a financing application at any time. If you have questions, contact Reeves VW for expert answers.
1Atlas S trim starts at $30,750
2Tiguan S trim starts at $24,595